Saturday, May 4, 2013

starbucks

so here we are at starbucks.  Can I hear the voice here?  I have a feeling of self consciousness when I close my eyes in meditation here. Are they looking at me? Do I appear strange?

I can see that these concerns are keeping me from accessing the still part of my mind.  The play starts in half an hour.  Or an hour actually, but our friends are to start arriving in half an hour.  I just have that much time to write.  Stephanie will be on her way already.  Wylie is volunteering as an usher.  The National Security Agency will be filing this post in it's computer somewhere.  Terrorists?

So I look pretty snappy in my white jeans and my orange psycho bunny shirt.  I just signed up to try Kambo medicine on Friday.  Frog slime from the Amazon that they rub into fresh burn marks that are made on the skin of the upper arm for men.  Skin of the lower leg for women.  I want my burns to scar. Sometimes they do.

Am I just a voyeur?  Why am I having this frog medicine?  To follow with Ayahuasca from the depths of the rain forest.  That I am familiar with.  I think I've probably had about 400 servings of Ayahuasca in the last four years.  It has completely transformed my very life.  I am a much healthier, shinier happier more illuminated man.  Both on the outside and on the inside.

It's so easy to give up your bad habits.  It's so easy to appreciate.  It's so easy to see how attachment to external things brings no satisfaction.  But it's not easy to see when you are living in the old way.  Caught up in the world of ten thousand things.

Enlightenment is a funny thing.  One keeps seeking it long after one has found it.  It really is just the accumulation of a few simple bits of wisdom.  There is nothing to fear because death is an illusion.  Love is the only thing that matters, and what is not love has no value.  With that in mind, what do you do with your life?  Seriously?

The retirement industry?  Are you kidding?  I need $100,000 a year to retire comfortably according to their calculations.  I  can pay rent in Austin, Texas for $300 a month in a place where I can grow a garden.  If I can grow my own Santa Maria and walk to a swimming hole, then I think $20,000 will be fat city.

Time is not money and money is not time.  Money is a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy nice things.  I wore a pair of $600 Prado shoes to the ballet last night.  But the thing is, I would have been just as happy wearing my beat up converse with no laces to a movie.  Probably happier.

The best way to meet your needs is to redefine them.  We all have the sun, we all have the moon.  As mestre Irineu says "All the gold the earth has, it's the light that shines more."

No comments:

Post a Comment