Friday, November 2, 2012

It's Friday morning and I just returned from two back to back convention trips.  These are day erasers.  Standing in a booth greeting strangers, trying to pull them in to talk about banking products.  And so during one of the breaks my boss pulled me aside and confirmed that my job will be coming to an end next year.  The bottom line was I have to move to the company headquarters or else move on to a new company.  It sounds unfair the way I have written it, but it's really not that so much.  Big companies have a hard time with small decisions.  I am a small decision.

Byut I have until January before I have to start looking for something  With the wedding coming up in February, that gives me a pretty fair amount of time.  I told him I would like to have three months from March 1st.  That would be a pretty sweet deal.  It would enable me to stay employed until after my ex wife gets married.  It will enable me to get married myself without having to deal with looking for a new job at the same time.

I voted yesterday.  Beautiful day for it.  I voted for Obama, because I do not like the idea of fascist Romney picking Supreme Court Justices.  Yeah, Fascist.  Any other descripiton is denial of the truth.

There are truths in the world.  Not everything is opinion. Judgment is a projection of our own past experiences onto another person.  We have opinions about fat people, and we see an overweight yoga instructor and think she does not look like a yoga teacher.  She is a yoga teacher, so by definition she looks like one.  That just judgment clouding truth.

Discernment is the ability to determine the truth.  A slender very attractive person who cannot teach yoga cannot teach yoga, appearances to the contrary.  I know, it's a lousy metaphor.  You can fight it or you can learn something from it.

And so it is with the president.  I have heard Romney correct himself and we have seen what he says in private.  You are fooling yourself if you think there is any justification at all for voting for him.  The nice thing about voting for Obama is you don't have to apologize for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment